I picked up a copy of the Summer Holiday Program at my local library and once again am amazed by all the fun free stuff they have on for kids.
Have a look at their website (www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au) to see dates, times and library locations (Redcliffe, Arana Hills, Albany Creek, Bribie Island, Burpengary, Narangba, Woodford, Deception Bay, North Lakes, Kallangur, Strathpine and Caboolture) You do need to book for most activities and some have age limits.
Here’s a few activities that caught my eye:
* Pet Smart the Education K9 – Find out about looking after your pets.
* Seaside Puppet Show
* Storytelling with Peter Ball
* Goo Balls and Snowballs – get sticky, make goo balls and create florescent snowballs using freaky science!
* Make Yummy Scented Slime and Snowmen
* Make Peg Dolls
* Geckoes Wildlife Show – only on once at the Deception Bay Library – Sat 22 Dec 10.30 – 11.30 am.
* Disgusting Snot – trick your friends with this fantastic icky snot recipe!
* And last but not last sign your kids up to the Summer Reading Club (www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au/readon) to keep a log of all the books they read over the holidays. Plus there’s competitions to enter and a Summer Reading Club Party with games, entertainment and prizes, to finish it all off.
Happy holidays and happy reading!