Last week I went to a Meditation class for the first time and it was very relaxing – helped me clear my mind ready for a busy week. After the class we had some tea and cacao balls, which were delcious. I googled a Raw Cacao Bliss Balls recipe which can be found here (by Melissa Ambrosini) and also added some extra bits. Here’s how I made them:
1 cup pitted dates
1 cup cashews, almond meal, craisins (dried cranberries)
1/3 cup raw organic cacao powder
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup desiccated coconut (I didn’t have shredded)
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1. Soak dates in warm water for 15 minutes to soften.
2. Whilst dates are soaking add nuts, cranberries, cacao, coconut, coconut oil and chia seeds to processor and mix.
3. Add dates and process.
4. If mixture is too dry add either a tablespoon of filtered water, or a little bit more coconut oil.
5. Let mixture sit for 10 minutes.
6. Roll mixture into small balls.